We received the Summer 2008 issue of the newsletter “Partners”, which is published quarterly by the WELS Commission on Youth Discipleship to assist those in Sunday school ministry.
It had a cute section “Only at Sunday School” where the topic was “Sunday school 2nd graders answer questions about mothers”.
Why did God make mothers?
- She’s the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
- To help us out of there when we were getting born.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
- God made mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
- They had to get their start from men’s bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
- We’re related.
- God knew she likes me a lot more than other people’s moms like me.
If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
- I’d make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
- I would like her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.